Jens Gaitzsch is senior scientist in the department of responsive and bioactive polymers (RP) academic starter at IPF. He completed his chemistry degree in 2009 at the TU Dresden under the guidance of Prof. Peter Metz and obtained his PhD in 2013 from Prof. Brigitte Voit at IPF pioneering the field of photo cross-linked and pH sensitive polymersomes at the institute. After completing his PhD he went to University College London for a DFG-funded postdoc position in the group of Giuseppe Battaglia. He then became a senior postdoc, working with the group of Wolfgang Meier at the University of Basel from Mid-2015, starting to focus on biodegradable polymers for self-assembly with a special focus on radical ring-opening polymeristion. Dr. Gaitzsch now works on these topics at IPF.
Guestprofessor for polymer chemistry at B-TU Cottbus-Senftenberg.
IPF Academic Starter for "Functional Polyesters from Radical Ring Opening Polymerisation (RROP)"
40 Publications, h-index: 19, i-10 index: 25
Personal homepage comprising information about research, open positions and Science Slams.
Fields of Activity
|2019||Novartis-University of Basel Fellowship for Excellence in Life Sciences|
|2014||DFG Posdoc Fellowship|
|2014||Best PhD Award of IPF Dresden|
|2009-2013||Member of the Dresden International PhD Program|
|2009-2012||Multiple Poster Awards|
Publications (IPF only)
- Redox-sensitive ferrocene functionalised double cross-linked supramolecuar hydrogels more Polymer Chemistry (2022) Advance Article
- Fully amorphous atactic and isotactic block copolymers and their self-assembly into nano- and microscopic vesicles more Polymer Chemistry 12 (2021) 5377-5389
- The chemistry of cross-linked polymeric vesicles and their functionalisation towards biocatalytic nanoreactors more Colloid and Polymer Science 299 (2021) 309-324
- One-pot synthesis of an amphiphilic ABC triblock copolymer PEO-b-PEHOx-b-PEtOz and Its self-assembly into nanoscopic asymmetric polymersomes more Macromolecules 53 (2020) 11040-11050
- Deepening the insight into poly(butylene oxide)-block-poly(glycidol) synthesis and self-assemblies: micelles, worms and vesicles more RSC Advances 10 (2020) 22701-22711
- Updating radical ring-opening polymerisation of cyclic ketene acetals from synthesis to degradation more European Polymer Journal 134 (2020) 109851
- Double cross-linked supramolecular hydrogels with tunable properties based on host-guest interactions more Soft Matter 16 (2020) 6733-6742
- Synthesis and complex self-assembly of amphiphilic block copolymers with a branched hydrophobic poly(2-oxazoline) into multicompartment micelles, pseudo-vesicles and yolk/shell nanoparticles more Polymer Chemistry 11 (2020) 1237-1248
- Novel monomers in radical ring-opening polymerisation for biodegradable and pH responsive nanoparticles more Polymer Chemistry 10 (2019) 5285-5288
- Dynamic docking and undocking processes adressing selectively the outside and inside of polymersome more Macromolecular Rapid Communications 38 (2017) 1700486
- Engineering functional polymer capsules toward smart nanoreactors more Chemical Reviews 116 (2016) 1053-1093
- Cross-linked polymersomes as nanoreactors for controlled and stabilized single and cascade enzymatic reactions more Nanoscale 6 (2014) 10752-10761
- Cross-linked and pH sensitive supported polymer bilayers from polymersomes - studies concerning thickness, rigidity and fluidity more Soft Matter 10 (2014) 75-82
- Responsive Polymersome - Moderne Strukturen für biomedizinische und biotechnologische Anwendungen more Nachrichten aus der Chemie 60 (2012) 1176-1180
- Cellular interactions with photo-cross-linked and pH-sensitive polymersomes: biocompatibility and uptake studies more Biomacromolecules 13 (2012) 41884195
- Synthetic bio-nanoreactor: Mechanical and chemical control of polymersome membrane permeability more Angewandte Chemie - International Edition 51 (2012) 4448-4451
- Synthetischer Bionanoreaktor: mechanische und chemische Kontrolle der Permeabilität von Polymersom-Membranen more Angewandte Chemie 124 (2012) 4524-4527
- Simple and practical one-step synthesis of new 1,3-dienic d-sultones from terminal alkynes and some synthetic applications of these compounds more Journal of Sulfur Chemistry 32 (2011) 3-11
- Photo-crosslinked and pH sensitive polymersomes for triggering the loading and release of cargo more Chemical Communications 47 (2011) 3466-3468