Menue

History

  • 1920: Foundation of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Leather Research by Max Bergmann near Dresden Central Station; destroyed in 1945

  • 1948: Establishment of the Institut für Technologie der Fasern (Institute of Fiber Technology) on the former site of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Leather Research

  • 1984: Renamed to Institut für Technologie der Polymere (Institute of Polymer Technology)

  • 1992: Re-established as the Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e. V. by the Federal Republic of Germany and the Free State of Saxony, with Professor Hans-Jörg Jacobasch as its founding director; admitted to the Blaue Liste (Blue List), the predecessor of the Leibniz Association

  • 2001: Establishment of the Max Bergmann Center of Biomaterials Dresden together with TU Dresden 

  • 2004: Adoption of the prefix "Leibniz" to reflect the institute's membership in the Leibniz Association

  • 2010: Establishment of the DRESDEN-concept research alliance; the IPF is one of its founding members