- Know-how from basic research is directly transferred to industry-oriented projects and into practice
- Increase of lightweight construction potential by variable-axial fibre composite design instead of conventional multiaxial fibre composite structures
- Development and use of novel approaches for structure design and modelling of complex variable-axial fibre composite components
- Preform and component manufacturing by Tailored Fibre Placement (TFP)-Technology of matrix infiltration by processes of pressing, infusing and injecting
Variable-axial composite structures
To be able to realize fibre arrangements that meet the calculated requirements concerning direction and accumulation of fibres, we developed the Tailored Fibre Placement (TFP)-Technology, numerical design methods and process software for computable complex fiber reinforced parts.
The reinforcement structure is produced by the lay up of a single roving. This roving is fixed by stitching to the base material. The base material can be a 2D-textile such as a woven fabric or for thermoplastic composites a matrix-compatible foil material. During the process, the stitching unit is stationary and the base material is moved using numerical control. more
Range of Services
Research and Development
- Production of textile stress-adjusted variable-axial reinforcement structures by TFP-Technology
- Use of unical methods for component design and modelling in connection with commercial finite element analysis applications
- Development and use of novel software tools, especially for the optimization of TFP-samples and processes
Consulting and further training
- In case of questions according to design and fabrication of variable-axial fibre composite components
- Professional seminars, master theses and graduations
To summarise the key issues please download our fact sheet.