HIGH ENERGY DENSITY BATTERIES
Search for sustainable devices with improved efficiency and higher energy density. Use of the benefits of polymers: Light-weight and flexibility, tunability of the chemical design, and nanostructurig.
What we do...
We are using a synergistic approach by combining expertise in the field of polymer synthesis, characterization and nanostructuring. We are searching for novel polymers and polymer/inorganic nanocomposites with tailored architectures and use block-copolymer templating and the tailoring of interfaces for the improvement of energy storage devices. By using nanoanalysis we are intending to understand structure-property-relations.
- BMBF (WING-Zentrum): BamoSa - Batterie-Mobil in Sachsen (2013-2019)
- DFG SPP 2248 - Polymer-based batteries: Development of Polymer Electrolytes Complementary to Model Active Systems for Polymer-based Batteries
- Dr. Eva Bittrich, PD Dr. Doris Pospiech (PB1)
- TU Dresden
- Fraunhofer IWS, IKTS, IVI
- FSU Jena
- HU Berlin
- A. Urbanski, A. Omar, J. Guo, A. Janke, U. Reuter, M. Malanin, F. Schmidt, D. Jehnichen, M. Holzschuh, F. Simon, K.-J. Eichhorn, L. Giebeler, P. Uhlmann, An efficient two-polymer binder for high-performance silicon nanoparticle-based lithium-ion batteries: A systematic case study with commercial polyacrylic acid and polyvinyl butyral polymers, Journal of the Electrochemical Society 166 (2019) A5275-A5286.
- J. Guo, A. Omar, A. Urbanski, S. Oswald, P. Uhlmann, L. Giebeler, Electrochemical Behavior of Microparticulate Silicon Anodes in Ether-Based Electrolytes: Why Does LiNO3 Affect Negatively? ACS Applied Energy Materials 2 (2019) 4411-4420.
- Freitag, U. Langklotz, A. Rost, M. Stamm, L. Ionov, Ionically conductive polymer/ ceramic separator for lithium-sulfur batteries, Energy Storage Materials 2017, 9, 105-111.
- Freitag, M. Stamm, L. Ionov, Separator for lithium-sulfur battery based on polymer blend membrane, Journal of Power Sources 2017, 363, 384-391.