MAGNETIC RESONANCE SPECTROSCOPY
Dr. Ulrich Scheler
Head of the Center for Multi-Scale Characterization
and Group leader Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
at the Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e.V.
Hohe Strasse 6
Phone: +49 (0)351 4658-275
Fax: +49 (0)351 4658-231
NMR methods are developed and applied to determine structure, molecular dynamics, diffusion and charge in complex systems.
What we do...
Solid-state NMR based on MAS and multipulse methodes in combination with DFT calculations is applied to structure determination in complex systems. Information on molecular dynamics is obtained from relaxation and double-quantum experiments. Rhelogical NMR studies the response to external shear fields on a molecular level. The self-diffusion coefficient from pulse-field-gradient (PFG) NMR provides information on the conformation of polymers in solution. From the combination with electrophoretic NMR the effective charge of molecules and complexes is derived. NMR imaging combined with PFG NMR permits the non-invasive study of complex flow pattern.
- Profs. Kenji Sugase, Dachi Morimoto, Erik Walinda, Kyoto University, Japan
- Prof. Petrik Galvosas, Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand
- Prof. Robert Messinger, City College New York, New York, USA
- Böhme, U.; Scheler, U.; Effective charge of bovine serum albumin determined by electrophoresis NMR, Chemical Physics Letters 2007, 435, 4-6, 342-345.
- Fuchs, B.; Scheler, U.; Branching and cross-linking in radiation-modified poly(tetrafluoroethylene): A solid-state NMR investigation, Macromolecules 2000, 33, 1, 120-124.
- Ohgo, K.; Bagusat, F.; Asakura, T.; Scheler, U.; Investigation of structural transition of regenerated silk fibroin aqueous solution by Rheo-NMR Spectroscopy, JACS 2008, 130, 12, 4182-4186.
- Vyalikh, A; Bulusheva, LG; Chekhova, GN; Pinakov, DV; Okotrub, AV; Scheler, U; Fluorine Patterning in Room-Temperature Fluorinated Graphite Determined by Solid-State NMR and DFT, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2013, 117, 15, 7940-7948.
- Böhme, U.; Scheler, U.; Counterion condensation and effective charge of poly(styrenesulfonate), Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 2010, 158, 1-2, 63-67.