Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Gert Heinrich
Prof. Dr. Gert Heinrich is Senior Professor in the Institute of Polymer Materials at the Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden e. V. (IPF).
He is the speaker of the DFG research unit 597 Fracture Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics of Reinforced Elastomeric Blends.
Fields of Work
- heterogeneous filled polymer systems
- friction and adhesion of polymer systems on rough and heterogeneous surfaces wear
- fracture mechanical characterization and modelling of crack formation and propagation in elastomers and plastics
- statistical-mechanical basis of material laws of polymeric solids, engineering applications
- rubber elasticity and (non-linear) viscoelasticity of filled polymer networks
- filler-polymer and filler-filler interactions, filler networking (modelling, testing, engineering applications)
- tire physics and engineering (e.g. traction and road-tread interactions), advanced tire materials compounding and testing
- elastomers and tire consulting