Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Gert Heinrich
Head of InstituteInstitute of Polymer Materials
|Fracture Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics of Reinforced Elastomeric Blends||Advanced Rubber Composites|
Prof. Dr. Gert Heinrich is Head of the Institute of Polymer Materials at the Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden e. V. (IPF).
- Composite Materials (Dr. Gohs)
- Mechanics and Structure (Dr. Schneider)
- Processing (Prof. Dr. Wagenknecht)
- Reactive Processing (Dr. Lehmann)
- Elastomers (Jun.-Prof. Dr. Wießner)
Prof. Dr. Gert Heinrich is a member of the Faculty of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Technische Universität Dresden. In particular, he holds the Chair of Polymer Materials and rubber engineering at the Institute of Materials Science.
He is the speaker of the DFG research unit 597 Fracture Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics of Reinforced Elastomeric Blends.
Fields of Work
- heterogeneous filled polymer systems
- friction and adhesion of polymer systems on rough and heterogeneous surfaces wear
- fracture mechanical characterization and modelling of crack formation and propagation in elastomers and plastics
- statistical-mechanical basis of material laws of polymeric solids, engineering applications
- rubber elasticity and (non-linear) viscoelasticity of filled polymer networks
- filler-polymer and filler-filler interactions, filler networking (modelling, testing, engineering applications)
- tire physics and engineering (e.g. traction and road-tread interactions), advanced tire materials compounding and testing
- elastomers and tire consulting