The interdisciplinary research is focused on the combination of problems of the engineering science with special polymer chemical issues to develop innovative approaches for the advancement of functional materials and processes.
The specific integration of chemical knowledge forms the basis of the scientific competence on the areas of research:
- Chemical modification of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene)
- Interface-reactive injection molding
- Polymer membran materials
- Thermo-controlled reactions
- High field induced interfacial chemical reactions