15th European Conference on Organized Films
Dresden, July 17-20, 2017
The 15th European Conference on Organized Films (ECOF 15) adds to a successful series of conferences addressing latest findings and advances in the field of thin and ultrathin organic films as well as nanoscience and -technologies. It will take place in Dresden, a cultural and scenic stronghold on the Elbe river in Germany.
The aim of this meeting is to promote multidisciplinary approaches for a better understanding of fundamental aspects of film formation and organization in the area of basic and applied research. Aside from the synthesis of organic molecules, polymers and novel hybrid materials with tailored properties, this conference deals with the fabrication of mono- and multilayers also highly organized and structured. It covers the investigation of resulting properties (optical, electrical, magnetic and mechanical) also in terms of versatile applications. ECOF 15 will feature general sessions and focus sessions in the area of 2D materials, biomimetic materials, responsive layers and optoelectronics.
Therefore the Local Organization Committee invites contributions from all disciplines and all countries that discuss various aspects in the field of thin and ultrathin organic films. ECOF 15 will offer a stimulating environment for an intense exchange of new insights, approaches and to build up new co-operations.
- Biological and biomimetic interfaces
- Langmuir monolayers, LB and LS multilayers
- Lithography and Nano-patterning
- Multilayer architectures
- Nanoparticles, graphene and 2D materials for smart hybrid coatings
- Nanostructures and nanofabricated films
- Organic / inorganic hybrid systems
- Self-assembly and self-organized Systems
- Electrical and magnetic properties
- Linear and non-linear optical properties
- Mechanical properties, rheology
- Transport phenomena
- Holography, surface patterning
- Materials for advanced electronics
- Molecular recognition and bio-sensing applications
- Organic storage materials
- Photovoltaics, plasmonics, photonics, sensors
Conference Flyer ECOF 15 (PDF, 335kB)