- 08.06.2016 IPF team at the 10th World Biomaterials Congress in Montreal, Canada, May 17-22, 2016
With four lectures and 14 poster presentations the IPF team was highly visible at the World Biomaterials Congress 2016, the globally largest gathering of Biomaterial Researchers (> 4000 participants), that took place … more »
- 18.04.2016 Leibniz Research Alliance Medical Technology
The Leibniz Research Alliance "Medical Technology: Diagnosis, Monitoring and Therapy" was successful in the Leibniz Competition 2016. We are delighted to be part of the initiative! more »
- 18.04.2016 Yixin Zhang appointed as W2 Professor
Our long-term collaborator, Dr. Yixin Zhang, who is leading a research group at B CUBE - Center for Molecular Bioengineering, was appointed as a W2 Professor at the TU Dresden in Feburary 2016 . Congratulations and all … more »
- 18.04.2016 Laura Bray received fellowship of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (Australia)
Dr. Laura Bray, who has stayed as a research associate with us for the past two years, was awarded a four year fellowship of the National Breast Cancer Foundation to establish a group at the Institute of Health and … more »
- 09.02.2016 Our contribution on robust omniphobic surface coatings
The inside front cover of the topical issue "Bioinspired Surfaces and Materials" of Chemical Society Reviews highlights our contribution on robust omniphobic surface coatings inspired by the cuticular … more »
- 04.02.2016 New BMBF Project EXASENS started!
EXASENS: POC-Sensor platform for chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases. The IPF/IBP is partner within the new BMBF project EXASENS. Within the project nine Leibniz institutes are working together on researching … more »
- 20.11.2015 Congratulations to Laura Bray who is one of the recipients of the Lush Prize 2015 in the category Young Researchers Prize.
The Lush Prize is awarded to projects, organisations, institutions or individuals focussed on ending the use of animal testing or for research into non-animal tests, or promoting the use of non-animal tests. The Young … more »
- 28.10.2015 A collaborative study on proliferative, morphological and physical differences of human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells when cultured on human versus murine mesenchymal stroma cells was published in Scientific Reports (Jens Friedrichs contributing)
Scientific Reports 5:15680 more »
- 22.10.2015 CHIMIA - International Journal for Chemistry reports on the TEDD Annual Meeting at ZHAW Waedenswil 22 October 2015 where Carsten Werner has been invited to give a lecture.
- 21.10.2015 New findings on the impact of heparin sulfation patterns in biohybrid hydrogels on VEGF delivery, angiogenesis and dermal wound healing were reported in the Journal of Controlled Release (Andrea Zieris and Uwe Freudenberg joint first authors).
Journal of Controlled Release 220 (2015) 79-88 more »