Dr. Cordelia Zimmerer
Dr. Cordelia Zimmerer works as a group leader and "Young Scientist" at the Institute of Polymer Materials at the Department for Reactive Processing.
She is head of the group "High field induced interfacial chemical reactions", which is focused to polymer interfaces and their characterization.
Fields of work:
- Triggering chemical reactions across polymer-polymer interfaces
- Welding of polymers - new materials
- Non linear Infrared spectroscopy and spectroscopic Imaging (IR Imaging) for non destructive polymer-polymer interface characterization
- Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy (SPR Spectroscopy)
- Coherent Antistokes Raman Spectroscopy (CARS)
- Immobilization of metallic nanoparticles on polymer surfaces during injection molding
- Polymer Biopolymer interfaces: Biocompatibilization of synthetic polymer surfaces