Dr. Mikhail Malanin is a research engineer at the Analytics Department and responsible for organization, performance, treatment and interpretation of both conventional and microscopic FTIR measurements.
Fields of activity
- FTIR characterization of polymers and organic substances (in bulk)
- Surface analysis by FTIR methods based on IR reflection (attenuated total reflection (ATR), diffuse reflection (DRIFT), grazing angle (IRRAS/GIR))
- Kinetics and temperature dependent measurements using Rapid Scan Time Resolved FTIR
- Orientation effects in polymer films shown by polarized FTIR
- FTIR Microscopy and Mapping of polymer samples, surfaces and interphases
- Hyphenated techniques (e.g. SEC-FTIR)