Robert Pötzsch is a PhD student in the department of Polymer Structures working under guidance of Prof. Dr. Brigitte Voit on “branched, functional polymers for applications in organic electronics”. Both, insulating polymers and semiconducting polymers are being investigated and tested as dielectrics and as active layers, respectively. Testing of the respective materials is done in cooperation with the Institute of Semiconductors and Microsystems at the Technische Universität Dresden. The PhD project is supported by a PhD fellowship of the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German National Academic Foundation).
Fields of Activity
- Polymer synthesis via controlled radical polymerization (RAFT, ATRP)
- Synthesis and characterization of hyperbranched polymers
- Preparation of thin films
- Thermal and photochemical crosslinking
- Characterization methods: NMR, UV/Vis, Infrared and Raman spectroscopy, thermo-analytical methods, atomic force microscopy (AFM), Maldi-ToF
|02/2012 - 05/2012||Research stay in the group of Prof. Hawker at the Materials Research Laboratory of the University of California, Santa Barbara|
|since 06/2010||PhD student at the Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Brigitte Voit|
|10/2004-03/2010||Study of chemistry at Technische Universität Dresden graduating as Diplom-Chemiker and Ingénieur Chimiste, Diploma thesis under supervision of Prof. Dr. Brigitte Voit: "Synthesis and characterization of new chain-transfer agents for RAFT polymerization and subsequent polymer-analogous Staudinger ligation"|
|09/2006 -04/2008||Study of chemistry at Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Rennes, France (Franco-German double diploma program)|
|05/2008-08/2008||Internship in the group of Prof. Alex Adronov at the Department of Chemistry of the McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada: "Supramolecular functionalization of graphene with water-soluble conjugated polymers"|
|06/2007-07/2007||Internship in the group of Prof. Annie-Claude Gaumont at the Laboratory of thio-organic and molecular chemistry in Caen, France: "Synthesis of ionic liquids for applications in catalysis"|
- Sprafke, J.; Spruell, J.; Mattson, K. M.; Montarnal, D.; McGrath, A. J.; Pötzsch, R.; Miyajima, D.; Hu, J.; Latimer, A. A.; Voit, B.; Aida, T.; Hawker, C.J.
Revisiting thiol-yne chemistry: Selective and efficient monoaddition for block and graft copolymer formation more
Journal of Polymer Science: Part A: Polymer Chemistry 53 (2014) 319-326
- Wei, Q.; Pötzsch, R.; Komber, H.; Pospiech, D.; Voit, B.
High refractive index hyperbranched polymers with different naphthalene contents prpared through thiol – yne click reaction using di-substituted asymmetric bulky alkynes more
Polymer 55 (2014) 5600-5607
- Pötzsch, R.; Stahl, B.; Komber, H.; Hawker, C.J.; Voit, B.
High refractive index polyvinylsulfide materials prepared by selective radical mono-addition thiol-yne chemistry more
Polymer Chemistry 5 (2014) 2911-2921
- Pötzsch, R.; Komber, H.; Stahl, B.; Hawker, C.J.; Voit, B.
Radical thiol-yne chemistry on diphenylacetylene: Selective and quantitative addition enabling the synthesis of hyperbranched poly(vinyl sulfide)s more
Macromolecular Rapid Communications 34 (2013) 1772-1778
- Pötzsch, R.; Voit, B.
Thermal and photochemical crosslinking of hyperbranched polyphenylene with organic azides more
Macromolecular Rapid Communications 33 (2012) 635-639
- Pötzsch, R.; Fleischmann, S.; Tock, C.; Komber, H.; Voit, B.
Combining RAFT and Staudinger ligation: a potentially new synthetic tool for bioconjugate formation more
Macromolecules 44 (2011) 3260-3269