The next Night of Sciences of Dresden universities and research institutes will take place on
July 5, 2013, 6:00 pm to 1:00 am.
Of course, the IPF will again be one of the hosts and open its doors for all those interesting to learn what research is about at the IPF.
We will again offer lectures on selected topics of development and applications of novel functional polymer materials, plastics and composites (in German language).
For children a kind of "first chemistry lesson" is offered (suitable for kinds from about 5-6 years, in German).
The main part of our presentation are demonstrations in the laboratories and pilot plants. You may choose from the programme whatever your are interested in and can make up your personal programme. Our researchers in the labs are prepared to give English explanations.
Detailed information on the programme of the previous Night of Sciences can be found on the German homepage.
To give you an impressions of the scope of our presentations, please find here topics of presentations in labs and pilots plants which might be offered.
- Polymer synthesis (polycondensation, metallocene-catalyzed synthesis)
- Trainees inform about the vocational training of laboratory assistants
- Polymer/plastics processing
- Novel elastomer nanocomposites and high-performance rubber (e.g. for tires)
- Manufacture of fibre-reinforced composite materials
- Modification of polymers by electron beam treatment
- Polymer modification by plasma treatment, e.g. for applications in medicine
- Membranes for fuel cells and water filtration
- Polyelectrolytes as flocculants in waste water treatment
- Polyelectrolyte layers for applications in regenerative therapies
- Light and electron microscopy
- Design and development of devices (incl. the gaffer's work)