Home > History

History

  • October 1, 1948
    Foundation of a textile research institute at the spinning mill Mitteldeutsche Spinnhütte Pirna-Copitz near Dresden to be developed to an institute of the Dresden College of Advanced Technology

  • January 1, 1950
    Integration into the Deutsche Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Berlin (German Academy of Sciences) as Institut für Technologie der Fasern(Institute of Fibre Technology)

  • April 1,  1984
    Renamed to Institut für Technologie der Polymere (Institute of Polymer Technology)

  • January 1, 1992
    Refoundation by Federal government and Saxon government as Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e. V. (Institute of Polymer Research)

  • April 2002
    Opening of the Max Bergmann Center for Biomaterials

  • April 2004
    ‘Leibniz‘ becomes part of the official name of the institute
  • July 2007
    Inauguration of the new building Werkstofflaborgebäude
  • 2008
    Successful evaluation of the institute (external evaluation procedures launched by the senate of the Leibniz Association)
 
History
Geschichte

Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e. V.

News