Microslit Electrokinetic Set-upsurface adherent platelets, granulocytes and fibrin after in vitro whole blood incubationHuman hematopoetic stem and progenitor cells cultured on decellularized extracellular matrix derived from mesenchymal stromal cells
SEM image of a springtail cuticleWhole blood is filled into incubation chamber for hemocompatibility assessmentMurine hepatocytes in collagen gel sandwich culture
Scheme of a single-cell force spectroscopy experimentWhole blood is filled into incubation chamber for hemocompatibility assessmentThree dimensional reconstruction of a mammary epithelial cell spheroid cultivated in an in vitro biohybrid matrix
New tools and methods are developed and implemented to analyze and control ionic charge, molecular transport, supramolecular structure and bioadhesion at solid/liquid interfaces.
Blood-material interactions are systematically explored through whole blood incubation studies that enable the development of anticoagulant coatings containing various types of natural and synthetic inhibitor molecules.
Decellularized or reconstituted biopolymer matrices and modular, bio-functional hydrogels are designed to create cell-instructive microenvironments and morphogenetic matrices for regenerative therapies.
- Dresden initiative for bioactive interfaces & materials
- Mechanically stable anti-adhesive polymer surfaces through biomimetic patterning
- Glycosaminoglycan-poly(ethyleneglycol) hydrogels for improved dermal wound healing (within Collaborative Research Center Transregio (TRR) 67)
- Interactive niches of hematopoietic stem cells (within Collaborative Research Center (SFB) 655)
- HydroZONES: Bioactivated hierarchical hydrogels as zonal implants for articular cartilage regeneration
- NephroTools: The potential of human kidney stem/progenitor cells for use in drug discovery and regenerative therapy programmes
- Competence network virtual liver
- Zwanzig20 – Partnership for innovation. RESPONSE: Partnership for innovation in implant technology
2013-2020 (Federal Ministry of Education and Research)
- Carrier system for transport and transfer of cornea lamellae
- Functional polymer films for new applications in modern sensoric
- Multibiofunctional hydrogels for virus free reprogramming of cells
2011-2014 (Leibniz Association)