Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden
Hohe Straße 6
Monday to Thrusday
8 am - 4 pm
8 am - 3 pm
The library is supplied with scientific literature and information to correspond with the IPF’s research work.
The range of acquisitions is based entirely on current key research. Since 1990, there has been regular electronic stocktaking,
meaning that older literature (books, journals, research reports, etc.) is available. Several journals are available in electronic format.
The library’s stocks include all IPF publications.
The Institute’s special scientific library collection extends to the chemistry, processing, modification and characterisation of polymers.
Our service for the IPF
- Developing the collection based on requirements: specialist books, encyclopaedias and dictionaries, reference works, journals, newspapers, reports, laws, standards, loose-leaf collections
- Providing electronic media: electronic books, electronic journals, DVDs, CD-ROMs, etc.
- Procuring literature by means of interlending and document supply service
- Providing reference and specialist databases, support with researching in databases
- Providing extensive, tested information on Internet databases
- Providing DFG National Licences
- Recording the publications in the publication database and compiling indexes of the literature (annual report, key research, etc.) and statistics
- Providing a modern online catalogue including high-quality reference data in German and English
- Providing scanners, photocopiers and printers in the library rooms
- Laptop and data projector hire
- Allocation of wireless acces points
- Advising on, recommending and providing printing, scanning and binding services for presentation documents in the IPF
- approx. 20,000 media items
- 90 current periodical subscription
- many electronic periodicals
- other e-journals via the DFG national licences